The Launch of Electric Bus service in Dammam and Qatif from Saudi TGA
New electric buses have been put in service in Dammam and Qatif Governorates by the Transport General Authority (TGA) and the Saudi Public Transport Company (SAPTCO), in cooperation with the Eastern Province Municipality. See Also :
Dr. Rumaih Bin Mohammed Al-Rumaih, who is the acting president of the TGA, and Eng. Mohammad bin Abdulmohsen Al-Husseini, who is the deputy secretary of the eastern region, were both present at the launch.
– This is part of the public transportation plans for Dammam and Qatif, and it’s also the latest in an extensive network of electric buses coming to Saudi Arabia.
– It was said by TGA that the electric bus is built to the most recent standards and has many features that make it comfortable, eco-friendly, and up-to-date.
– The electric bus can run for up to 18 hours straight thanks to its 420 kW battery, with a capacity of 37 seats and great energy efficiency. Recommend : Saudi Arabia updates Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance rules
– In addition to meeting the needs of passengers, the bus has a WIFI network and USB ports built in. The battery of the electric bus is very efficient, and the bus can travel up to 300 km on a single charge.
– The start of the electric bus is part of a project to improve public transportation in Dammam and Qatif. The project will use 85 buses on 8 routes that will go 400 km and make 218 stops.
– By getting 15% more people to use public transportation by the year 2030, the project hopes to support the National Transport and Logistics Strategy (NTLS) goals by promoting the use of public transportation.
– The Electric Buses additionally seeks to make movement easy and quick, cut down on carbon emissions, and help make life better overall. Most Viewed : Second phase of Visiting Investor visa of Saudi Arabia