For the latest updates, news, and events of Saudi Arabia you can join our WhatsApp group
King Salman Park in Riyadh will be the biggest city park in the world.
King Salman Park is one of Riyadh’s four megaprojects, launched on March 19, 2019 by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman Bin Abdulaziz. The Park’s goal is to provide a variety of sports, cultural, artistic, and recreational opportunities to Riyadh residents and visitors, thereby improving the city’s quality of life and contributing to Saudi Vision 2030’s goals of a vibrant and healthy society and raising Riyadh’s global ranking.
World’s largest park
King Salman Park is being built on more than 16km2 to become the world’s largest urban park, providing residents and visitors with a diverse range of options and high-quality activities. It will include more than 11.6km2 of open green space, one million trees, the Royal Arts Complex, the National Theater, a 7.2km pedestrian walkway (loop), and a “valley” area in the middle of the park surrounded by art and water features. The Park will significantly contribute to increasing the region’s vegetation and increasing the rate of per capita green space, both of which will have a direct and positive impact on the quality of the environment and the climate.
King Salman Park is distinguished by its strategic location in Riyadh, and it is easily accessible due to its proximity to several major roads, the King Abdulaziz Public Transport Project via five stations on the Green Line of the Riyadh Metro, and ten stations on the Riyadh Bus network.
Elements of the Project
- -Over 9.3 million square meters of green space and open space, including an Islamic-style garden, vertical gardens, a maze garden, and a bird and butterfly sanctuary.
- -More than 400,000 square meters of gardens.
- -7.2-kilometer circular pedestrian walkway.
- -A valley covering an area of over 800,000 square meters.
- -A total of over 300,000 square meters of water features.
Complex of Royal Art
The Royal Art Complex will cover an area of over 400,000 square meters and will estate:
- -A national theatre with a seating capacity of 2500 and five museums of various sizes.
- -An outdoor theater with a seating capacity of 8000 people.
- -A complex with three cinema halls and four art academies.
- -A children’s educational facility in academy.
- There are seven museums in total: the Aviation Museum, the Astronomy and Space Museum, the Science Museum, the Museum of Plants, the Virtual Reality Museum, and the Architecture Museum.
- -Plazas for various events (total area of 40,000 square meters).
- -Artworks and historical sites.
Sports and Entertainment Facilities
- A Royal Golf Course covering an area of 850,000 square meters
- A sports complex over an area of 50,000 square meters
- Virtual reality court
- A sky diving center
- An equestrian center
- Running and biking routes
- A 100,000 square meter amusement park
- A 140,000 square meter aquapark
- A family amusement center
- A tower and a skybridge
- An 80,000-square-meter environmental, cultural, and educational center with interactive shows, multi-purpose halls, a meeting room, a plant nursery, coffee shops, and restaurants.
Housing, hospitality, and business
- -Residential complexes with 12,000 housing units
- -16 hotels totaling 2300 rooms
- -A total of 500,000 square meters of retail space
- -Mosques, police, medical, educational, and social services
- -Free public libraries
- Parking spaces totaling -280,000 square meters
- -Main and secondary roads
- -Pathways and walkways
What's your reaction about this news🥰𝙒𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝘼𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙡𝙚. 𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙬𝙚𝙗𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙗𝙮 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙄𝙘𝙤𝙣 (𝙇𝙚𝙛𝙩 𝘽𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙤𝙢 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙋𝙖𝙜𝙚) 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙏𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙡𝙚.🥰
Add us on Snapchat
Follow Us On Google News
Find Jobs Online in any region of Saudi Arabia on KSA Job Site