For the latest updates, news, and events of Saudi Arabia you can join our WhatsApp group
Uae’s new labor law decree: Can you move from one type of work to another? Find out here.
Dubai: Have you recently been hired or have you started receiving a job offer? Before you sign your employment contract, it is critical that you understand the details of your work contract and what it should include to ensure that it complies with UAE Labor Law and that your rights as a worker are protected.
Following the implementation of the new UAE Labour Law in February of this year, the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) issued several Ministerial Resolutions or decrees that provide additional details on the various situations and special conditions associated with the law’s implementation.
Cabinet Resolution No. (1) Of 2022 issued by MOHRE, for example, contains information on the implementation of the new UAE Labour Law – Federal Decree-Law No. (33) Of 2021.
Article 10 of this resolution outlines how a work contract should be structured and also what information it should consist, as well as expanding on the new three-year employment contracts that will be in effect with the new law.
According to Article 10 of the Cabinet Resolution, your agreement should include the following information:
- The employer’s name and address.
- The worker’s name, nationality, and date of birth.
- Proof of his identity, credentials, and job or occupation.
- The start date of work, as well as the location.
- The hours of work
- The days off.
- The probationary period, if applicable.
- The contract’s duration.
- The agreed-upon wage, including benefits and allowances.
- The annual leave entitlements, as well as the notice period
- The procedures for terminating the employment contract, as well as any other information determined by the Ministry to regulate the relationship between the two parties.
Is it possible to negotiate my work contract?
“The worker and the employer may agree to introduce new clauses to the authorized contract forms if they are in agreement with the provisions of the Decree-Law, this Resolution, and the Legal Regulations,” the Cabinet Resolution states.
Article 10 goes on to say that an employee’s contract must allow them to change their work type:
The contract may be modified from one job type to another under Clause 3 of Article 10 if the following conditions are met:
- Both the worker and the employer must agree.
- Reimbursement of all rights deriving from the original contract.
- Adherence to the Ministry’s policies and procedures.
Once the employment type has been decided upon, the employer must use the appropriate contract forms from the Ministry’s systems. Among the various work types are:
- Contract for full-time employment.
- Contract for part-time work.
- Work contract that is only for a short period of time.
- Work contract that is flexible.
- Contract for remote work.
- Contract for job sharing.
- Any other types of employment contract specified by Ministry resolution in accordance with the Cabinet-approved employment categories and worker categorization.
What's your reaction about this news🥰𝙒𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝘼𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙡𝙚. 𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙬𝙚𝙗𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙗𝙮 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙄𝙘𝙤𝙣 (𝙇𝙚𝙛𝙩 𝘽𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙤𝙢 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙋𝙖𝙜𝙚) 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙏𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙡𝙚.🥰
Add us on Snapchat
Follow Us On Google News
Find Jobs Online in any region of Saudi Arabia on KSA Job Site