For the latest updates, news, and events of Saudi Arabia you can join our WhatsApp group
Abha, at 2,200 meters above sea level, offers so many attractions, tourist locations, places to visit, and activities to do that exploring them would take weeks.
What is the best time to go?
Abha has beautiful weather in the spring, summer, and fall, but avoid traveling there in the winter because it is extremely cold.
- Moreover, most of the tourist attractions in Abha are closed in winter.
- Book a hotel at Al Soudah mountain (reasons explained below).
- To find the best hotels and restaurants in Saudia visit: https://welcomesaudi.com
The newly established High City, which is located near Asir National Park, is one of the top tourist attractions in Abha, as it is surrounded by clouds and feels amazing.
The restaurants in the area charge exorbitantly high prices, yet the location does not need you to stay for an extended period of time. From the other side of the High city, you may take in the view of a valley.
- High City Location.
- Entry Fee: Free.
The city’s famed Green Mountain provides an unusual view of the city, therefore you should go there in the evening and stay until nightfall. The only method to get to the green mountain is by cable car, which takes around 20 minutes.
- Green Mountain Cable Car Price: SR 70.
- Timing: 2 pm to 7 pm.
- Green Mountain Cable Car Location.
Abu Kheyal Park
With a high elevation and a panoramic view of the city, Abu Kheyal Park is another fantastic site to visit in Abha. With the spring, the park is awash in purple blossoms because to the abundance of Jacandra trees. How to process Saudi Work Visa?
- Abu Kheyal Park Location.
- Abu Kheyal Park Entry Fee: Free.
If you are a tourist who wishes to experience the energy and attractiveness of Abha at night, go to Art Street. Jacandra trees can be found on both sides of the street, but make sure to visit in the spring.
- Art Street Location.
The Fog Walkway, also known as the Abha Cornice, is where most of the iconic cloud photographs are shot.
The fog pathway is a popular tourist attraction in Abha, and when the weather is nice, you’ll feel as if you’re traveling through the clouds. There are also various eateries around where you can eat. “Human Resources” issues a clarification statement regarding reducing working days
- Fog Walkway Location.
The Al Raqdi Museum is a wonderful destination to visit, with many historical artifacts on show. This is the spot to go in Abha if you want to buy souvenirs, handlooms, or handicrafts.
- Al Raqdi Museum Location.
- Al Raqdi Museum Entry Ticket: SR 20.
- Al Raqdi Museum Timing: 5 pm to 11 pm.
Al Muftaha Art Village
The shops in Al Muftaha Art Village only open after Asr time, making it one of the best spots to visit in Abha at night. However, if you visit during the day, you can take some incredible photographs of large-scale artworks. Kafeel Dispute: Pregnant Expat nurse stuck in Abha
- Al Muftaha Art Village Location.
If you’re traveling with children, a sightseeing bus tour is one of the greatest things to do in Abha. The bus is run by the Al Haqer company and is only available during the summer months. It will take you to a variety of locations throughout the city.
- Sightseeing Bus Location.
- Sightseeing Bus Ticket: SR 35.
Shamsan Ottoman Castle
Shamsan Ottoman Castle is within a 10-minute drive from Abha city center, therefore you should pay it a visit.
However, history buffs will be disappointed because the site has not been kept as well as it should have been. A Saudi man constructs a house with no doors for travelers.
- Shamsan Ottoman Castle Location.
The lake view is the location to go during the day if you want to capture some shots with Abha Dam. You can also come here to photograph the sunset, however this is not a location to visit late at night.
- Abha Lake Viewpoint location.
Head to Al Rashid Mall if you’re still not weary of exploring Abha’s tourist attractions. It is Abha’s newest and largest shopping mall, featuring an outstanding food court, bowling, theater, and children’s rides. How do you certify your degree in Saudi Arabia?
- Rashid Mall Location.
Make a point of going to Souq Thulatha if you want to buy some local jewelry or souvenirs (Tuesday Market).
You’ll get a sense of Asir culture and find traditional clothing, spices, honey, and other regional items.
- Souq Thulatha Location
Visit Rose Garden in Khamis Mushayat in Abha if you want to relax in a beautiful environment with the scent of red roses all around you.
- Khamis Rose Garden Location.
- Khamis Rose Garden Entry Fee: SR 35/person.
With an elevation of around 3,000 meters above sea level, Jabal Sawda is Saudi Arabia’s highest point and Abha’s most popular tourist destination.
If you only have a limited amount of time in Abha, go to this mountain. In fact, I strongly advise you to secure a hotel room here for the following reasons:
- Only 20 Km drive from Abha city.
- 5°C lower temperature.
- The neighborhood of clouds.
- Frequent rain.
- Hotel Ayaam Location: SR 300/night.
Visit Al Soudah Cable Car if you don’t have time to ride the other two cable cars (Green Mountain and Al Habala) or if you’re looking for something to do in Abha.
As they descend from a very high point to the down station, this is a once-in-a-lifetime event. These cable cars descend pretty steeply and are well worth the ride.
- Al Soudah Cable Car Price: SR 80/person or SR 450/cable car.
- Timing: 10:00 am to 2:00 PM.
- Al Soudah Cable Car Location.
Paragliding is the most exciting activity to do in Abha if you have the will and determination. Put yourself to the test and go on adventures!
- Paragliding Location in Abha.
Rijal Alma village
Rijal Alma, or the Stone Village, is a 1,000-year-old UNESCO World Heritage Site located about 1.5 hours from Abha. Your trip to Abha isn’t complete without a stop at the city’s most popular tourist attraction.
The road to Rijal Alma is rather steep, so you’ll need a reliable vehicle to get there.
- Rijal Alma Location.
- Rijal Alma Ticket Price: SR 20/person.
Bees Tower Honey Refinery
Rijal Alma is about a 10-minute drive away from Bees Tower Honey Refinery, a cafe. You can get a cup of coffee, take in the breathtaking scenery, and purchase pure honey from the location. In the cottage, there is a fan that resembles a wind power turbine.
- Bee Tower Honey Refinery Location.
Al Habala Village
Al Habala village, commonly known as Hanging village, is a thrilling tourist destination around a one-hour drive from Abha. To enjoy the clouds view, go early in the morning when the clouds are still dangling below the cliff.
- Al Habala Cable Car Ticket: SR 70/person.
- Free Parking.
- Al Habala Tourist Park Location.
Some Useful Tips
- Talk to the people; you’ll learn a lot about their fascinating culture and make a friend! The people here are generally friendly!
- Because Abha is located on a mountain range, the WEATHER IS UNPREDICTABLE. Make sure you’re dressed appropriately for the weather!
- TAXI/UBER IS LIMITED- this was one of our biggest challenges here, especially at night when the city is so crowded.
- If you’re traveling outside of the city, phone coverage may be absent on some highways.
- I understand that phones are useful, but cameras are cameras for a reason.
What's your reaction about this news🥰𝙒𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝘼𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙡𝙚. 𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙬𝙚𝙗𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙗𝙮 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙄𝙘𝙤𝙣 (𝙇𝙚𝙛𝙩 𝘽𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙤𝙢 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙋𝙖𝙜𝙚) 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙏𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙡𝙚.🥰
Add us on Snapchat
Follow Us On Google News
Find Jobs Online in any region of Saudi Arabia on KSA Job Site