The General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) in Saudi Arabia has announced that the Kingdom will bear the expenses of treating resident expats and GCC citizens who need to be hospitalized after testing positive for Corona virus during their institutional quarantine upon arrival in the country.
Those who enter Saudi Arabia on Visit visa, their treatment expenses will be covered by the health insurance company.
– The Authority of Civil Aviation issued a guideline for expat travelers and those from exempted groups who are not vaccinated and those coming from countries from which their entry has not been suspended.
– The guideline states that all the passengers who are Corona positive will undergo isolation in the institutional quarantine for a period of 10 to 14 days, depending on the state of recovery for those whose health status does not require hospitalization.
As per the guideline, all airlines must announced on their portals that the Saudi government requires institutional quarantine for those who plan to visit Saudi Arabia and must, get medical insurance to cover their treatment of Corona virus.
Violators of isolation instructions or quarantine to be penalized with a fine of 200,000 riyals or jail term for a period of not more than 2 years or both, in case of repeating the violation the penalty will be doubled.
– While expatriates (Non-Saudis) will be deported from the Kingdom and will be banned permanently from entering into Saudi Arabia after completing the period of their punishment.
– Institutional quarantine shall be only in the city of arrival, Travelers who intend to visit Saudi Arabia must take Covid-19 insurance for covering treatment. However, resident expats and GCC citizens need not to take insurance
Insurance cover to bear the costs of treatment in outpatient clinics, emergencies and hospitals, including institutional quarantine for a period of up to 14 days.
Travelers who do not meet the conditions shall be sent back to the destination from where they had departed, in this case airline should bear the cost.
– The status of immune and non-immune travelers shall be verified by air carriers at the departure airport.
– Air Carriers are responsible for verifying the passengers health status as per the passenger’s documentation and the level to which they meet the requirements and conditions mandated by the Ministry of Health before issuing the boarding pass. Upon arrival to Saudi Arabia, the Ministry of Health will conduct a health check.
– Airlines shall provide a variety of options to choose from for institutional quarantine that suits all segments for those coming to Saudi Arabia.
Upon arrival in Kingdom, travelers must show a proof of vaccination with of the following vaccines, 2 doses of Pfizer BioNTech, 2 doses of Oxford AstraZaneca, 2 doses of Moderna and 1 dose of Johnson and Johnson.
– Vaccination certificates to be verified by the health authorities of the country that provided vaccination for incoming passengers, and the duration between receiving the last dose should not be less than 14 days before traveling to Saudi Arabia. Vaccine certificates may be verified upon arrival at the checkpoints of the Kingdom.
Passengers must carry their vaccine certificates all the time during their stay in the Kingdom. Failure to comply with these regulations will subject the passengers to legal liabilities including being banned from entry into Saudi Arabia
Add us on Snapchat
Please share this article with your fellows and subscribe to our website by clicking on the Bell Icon (Left Bottom of this Page) to receive notifications for every Trending article. We hope that your queries are resolved. If not, feel free to message us on our FB Page.
We are here to reply to your questions with a legal basis to assist you in all possible ways.