After the end of the Kafala system in Saudi Arabia, now the employee transfer service for expat workers is done through the Qiwa platform.
How to transfer employees through Qiwa?
Here is the step-by-step guide for expats who want to change their jobs in Saudi Arabia. The permission to transfer employee service would be granted through the Qiwa platform after taking into account the terms of the contract and Saudi Labor Law.
Request for the Employee Transfer Service
1 – If the new employer meets the 4 conditions to request a transfer (stated below), he will create a request to transfer employee’s services through the Qiwa platform by uploading a job offer.
- Eligible to obtain a new visa as per the regulations.
- At least 80% compliance with the Wage Protection System in the last 3 months.
- 100% Compliant with the Contract Registration Program (CRP) regulations.
- At least 80% in the commitment of the self-evaluation program regulations.
- Nitaqat Status = Green.
Acceptance by the Employee
2 – The expat employee is required to accept the employee transfer service request through the Qiwa Individual account. The request will be accepted only if the following conditions are met;
- The worker must be registered with the Qiwa platform.
- The worker must complete at least one calendar year service with the current employer after entering Saudi Arabia.
- The worker must have completed his contract with the employer. Recommended: Renewal, Resignation and Termination of Contract
- The worker must have a valid duly attested employment contract in the Qiwa platform.
- No other request pending for the transfer of sponsorship.
3 – Once the request is approved, the notice period will start in the Qiwa. At this stage, the employee can resign from his job giving the contractual notice period.
- Request Status: Pending for notice period completion.
Acceptance by the old employer
4 – The request will be sent to the current employer for approval or rejection. If the employer rejects an employee transfer service request, he would be required to provide a justification for that e.g. employment contract is not complete.
6 cases in which expatriate can transfer without conditions
There are 6 cases when the employee transfer request will be automatically accepted in the Qiwa platform. In other words, in the following conditions, an expat can change his job in Saudi Arabia even before completing his contract.
- Absence of Notarized Work Contract within 3 months of entering Saudi Arabia.
- No Salary for 3 consecutive months.
- If the employer is absent, either by travel, registration, death, or any other reason.
- If the expatriate work permit or Iqama expires.
- If an employee reports a commercial coverup to the authorities (A business is run by an expatriate in the name of a Saudi).
- If the employer does not appear in the labor court hearings.