Conditions for workers to change kafala/sponsorship without the permission of the sponsor:
- The worker’s iqama must be a professional iqama appropriate to the labor law (not for professions such as domestic worker).
- Should have 12 months of work experience under an employer after entering Saudi Arabia.
- The worker must be currently employed and not under Huroob.
- Other applications should not be there to change the sponsorship.
- In case of any change in the status of the written employment contract, advance notice should be given.
- Currently, if you do not have an employment contract, have not been issued a work permit for 90 days after entering Saudi Arabia, have not been paid for 3 consecutive months, and your work permit has expired or your iqama period has expired, The transfer might be done without any of the above conditions.
- The employer and the worker must have an account on the online Qiva portal of the Saudi Ministry of Social Welfare and a job offer should also be given in Khiva.
Conditions that the company should follow have in order to accept the worker:
- Valid work permit. Wage and protection requirements must be complied with at least 80% for the last three months.
- A written employment contract should be with all employees in the establishment.
- Self Evaluation Program must be at least 80% committed. Must have approved internal work regulation.
The change of sponsorship will function as follows:
- The job offer should be given through the Kiva portal. The worker will have the option to accept or reject the job offer coming through the Khiva.
- The current establishment will be informed of the change of employment and then the notice period will be calculated. (The old sponsor will have to pay compensation if the contract is not completed).