The new labor reforms to improve the contractual relationship of workers in the private sector effects from Today, Sunday, the employers and workers both can benefit from their services.
Regarding the possibility of canceling absent from work or “huroob” of some workers with the new labor reform “improving the contractual relationship”, the Ministry of Human Resources said that one of the main reason of this initiative is to reduce the cases of huroob.
– The Ministry confirmed that there is no change to the existing mechanisms for absent from work or huroob reports.
– In a question about the status of workers who reported huroob before launching the initiative and the scope to which they can benefit from it, the Ministry said that they are being dealt with according to the procedures currently in place.
– The Ministry of Human Resources said that the services provided by the initiative to improve the contractual relationship are as follows:
– Job mobility service that allows an expat worker to move to another job after the end of his work contract without the need for the employer’s approval.
– Defining the change procedures during the validity of the employment contract, given that the notice period and the specified controls are to be followed.
– Exit and re-entry service, which allows an expat worker to travel outside the Kingdom, upon submitting the application with an online notification to the employer.
– The Ministry of Human Resources explained that the service is available through the “Qiwa” and “Absher” platforms, and includes all expatriate workers in private sector companies, and it will come into force on March 14, 2021.