For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.
Saudi Family Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia
Any Saudi expat who is living in Saudi Arabia (KSA) with a residential visa (Saudi Iqama) can apply for a Saudi family visit visa, if they would like to call their family members to stay with them for a specific time span includes mother/ father/ wife/ children/ sisters/ mother-in-law and father-in-law.
Saudi family visit visa is a legal document which is required to invite your family members from your hometown is called family visa which allows you and your family members to stay in Saudi Arabia and spend some quality time together.
1 Saudi Family Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia
2 Required documents to apply for Saudi family visit visa
3 Procedure to apply for Saudi family visit visa
4 Online Procedure to Apply for Saudi Family Visit Visa
5 How to Check Application Status Online
6 Additional Documents Needed
7 Points to Remember
Required documents to apply for Saudi family visit visa
- Original valid Saudi Iqama /Residential permit of Saudi Arabia.
- Copy of applicant’s passport.
- Passport copies of family members who are invited.
- Acceptable profession to apply for a Saudi family visit visa.
- The validity of an applicant’s Saudi Iqama should be approximately 3 to 4 months at the time he/she applies for a Saudi family visa.
- 2-4 passport size photos.
Procedure to apply for Saudi family visit visa
- Print out the family visit visa application.
- Get it signed by your sponsor.
- attach your documents with the application and submit it to the chamber of commerce, this process is called Tafeel.
Online Procedure to Apply for Saudi Family Visit Visa
- Fill an online family visit visa application on the website of the Ministry of foreign affairs.
- Choose the English translation of the page so you can understand the instructions.
- Individual who is applying will be the Kafeel or sponsor for the family members he/she is inviting so put your name as the kafeel on the form.
- Click on individuals. Choose resident.
- Click on option “Family Visit Visa Application”.
- Fill the form and tick submit.
- Print out the form.
How to Check Application Status Online
- Go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (MOFA).
- Choose application submitted to MOFA.
- Enter your application number, Iqama/ Muqeem number and image code.
- Click on inquire.
- Nowadays online submission is being practiced more than submitting an application to the chamber office even some of the offices ask for the online application first and then they sign on an application.
- After submitting It may take 3 working days or more to process the application and then your status will be changed on the MOFA website you can check it often to stay conscious for your status.
Additional Documents Needed
For married sister – Authorization letter from the husband.
For mother/father-in-law – marriage certificate and a copy of passport and iqama of a wife.
Points to Remember
- An application may be rejected. Re-apply again.
- You only have 3 months for the visa to be stamped, once approved by the Saudi Embassy.
- Once the Visa is stamped, the family should travel within 3 months (i.e. 90 days) otherwise visa will expire.
- If your application gets rejected because of your profession, you can go for switching your profession which is stated on your iqama and then re-apply again.
- If the visa issued is for 90 days, it can be extended once more.
- If the visa issued is for 30 days, it can be extended again 5 times.
Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Add us on Snapchat
Please share this article with your fellows and subscribe to our website by clicking on the Bell Icon (Left Bottom of this Page) to receive notifications for every Trending article. We hope that your queries are resolved. If not, feel free to message us on our FB Page.
We are here to reply to your questions with a legal basis to assist you in all possible ways.