For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.
Saudi Arabia is going to launch a new host visa for its citizens and residents to host people under their sponsorship for a period of up to 90 days.
How to apply for the host visa?
Currently, the visa is in the last stage of finalization. Once ready, a new option will be made available in the Absher accounts of expatriates who are iqama holders and citizens to apply for a host visa online. Trending MILLION JOBS ARE COMING UP IN SAUDI ARABIA
For whom can we apply?
Citizens and expatriates who are iqama holders are entitled to bring 3 to 5 people on Host Visa to Saudi Arabia at a time;
- Saudi Citizens can apply for host visa for whomever they want
- Expatriates can only apply for closed family members. The term closed family members are yet not explained.
- We are not sure if it will include brothers, sisters, and other in-laws. If this visa does not include brother, sisters, and other in-laws, then there will be no difference between the host visa and the family visit visa at least for expatriates.
The fee for the visa
The fee to apply for the host visa in Saudi Arabia is expected to be SR 500 per person. The visa can be applied for the same person 3 times a year after filing a separate application and paying the fee. Also Read Ministry of Hajj and Umrah is preparing to receive Pilgrims from Abroad through companies
Where to stay?
The host visa holders would be able to travel all around Saudi Arabia as there will be no restrictions on them to stay in any particular city.
Can we perform Umrah on Host Visa?
A host visa holder would be allowed to book Umrah Appointment through Eatmarna can go to Makkah to perform Umrah. Trending Now 70-year-old woman burned alive by son
What are the other options to apply for a visa?
Currently, there are several options for an expatriate to bring someone to Saudi Arabia on a temporary visa;
- Umrah visa allows Muslims to come to Saudi Arabia for a period of 30 days. However, you will have to take hotel accommodation through an Umrah agent for the whole period of stay in Saudi Arabia.
- An iqama holder expatriate can apply for a family visit visa for his close relatives which do not include brother and sister.
- Anyone can apply for a tourist visa to Saudi Arabia online.