Breaking: Saudi Arabia announces 4 more new corona virus cases, suspends travel to 9 countries.

419

RIYADH: Saudi authorities on Monday announced the discovery of four more new coronavirus cases and that it was suspending travel by air and sea between the Kingdom and nine countries to prevent the spread of the disease.

The Ministry of Health said the new cases include a Saudi national, two Bahrainis and an American. 

Earlier on Monday, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported that the authorities were suspending travel for Saudi citizens and foreign residents to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Italy and South Korea.

People travelling from those countries or anyone who has been there in the past 14 days would also be temporarily banned from entering the Kingdom.

The discovery of the four new cases brings the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Kingdom to 15. On Sunday, the health ministry announced that four more cases of the fast-spreading respiratory disease were confirmed in Qatif, raising the total to 11 cases.

A statement by the Saudi health ministry said the first case was a Saudi citizen who is related to a previous case in Qatif. The patient is now isolated in a hospital.

The second and third patients are Bahraini women coming from Iraq on their way to Bahrain. Both were isolated in a hospital also in Qatif.

News Source: Arab News