Now there is no need to visit the bank branch as NCB and Quickpay customers can update iqama online using AlAhli internet banking as well as ATM card. Actually, there are four ways to avoid freezing your account by updating your Iqama with NCB and we have explained all of them below.
Update Iqama in NCB online using Internet Banking
- Update Iqama in NCB online using Internet Banking
- Update Iqama through NCB ATM card
- Update ID through Alahli application
- Update ID by visiting a branch
The first thing you need to do is to log in to your AlAhli bank account and click on the “Settings” tab among the options given in the left column to update Iqama in NCB using Online Banking.
In the next step, look for the “ID Expiry Date” button among the options that appear on your computer screen and click on it.
As soon as you click on this button, another screen will appear with the details of your Iqama. Here you can check your Iqama expiry date in the gregorian as well as Hijri calendar.
If your Iqama is about to expire in the near future, you would be given an option to update the iqama. If you have already renewed your Iqama, click on the button “Update ID Expiry” to update Iqama in NCB using Online Banking.
In the next screen, the Alahli system will fetch the new iqama expiry date online and confirm if you want to update it. Click on the “Confirm” button.
In the last step, the AlAhli system will display a message that your iqama expiry date has been successfully updated.
If you have not yet renewed your Iqama, the system will not update your Iqama in the NCB records online and give you the following error message which is read as follows.
Your ID expiry date registered is the same or older than the date in our records. Please make sure that you renewed your ID with the Ministry of Interior before trying to update its information with us again.
Update Iqama through NCB ATM card
It is important to mention here that NCB offers a facility to update the Iqama expiry date of your account using NCB ATM card at the AlAhli ATM machine as well. In case you don’t have access to internet banking, you can use that option instead of visiting the branch. Here is what you need to do to update the iqama through the NCB ATM machine.
- Insert your Card in AlAhli ATM Machine and enter PIN Code
- Click on the “Main Menu” button from the options given on the screen.
- Press the “Next Menu” button.
- Select the “Electronics Services” button.
- Press the “Update ID expiry date for residents” button.
- Write the new Iqama expiry date in Hijri format. The format should be 23041442 i.e Date>Month>Year.
- Later, select the “Press Here to change” button.
- Finally, the NCB ATM machine will display a message that your Iqama expiry date has been successfully updated in the system.
Update ID through Alahli application
The third way to update the iqama expiry date is through the AlAhli Mobile Banking Application.
- First of all, you need to download the Alahli online banking app.
- Login to your Mobile Banking app and click press the “three bars” option button on the right upper corner.
- Select “Settings” from the given options.
- Click on the “ID Expiry Date” button.
- Now a screen will open with details such as your Iqama number, date of expiry in Hijri and Gregorian calendar and the Iqama profession. You will have to press the “Update ID Expiry” button.
Finally, the AlAhli mobile banking application will display a message that your Iqama expiry date has been successfully updated in the NCB system. If your account is frozen, it will be automatically activated within 24 hours.
Update ID by visiting a branch
If you are not comfortable with any of the procedures explained above, you can always visit an NCB branch to update your Iqama expiry date.
- In order to find the nearest NCB branch, you can either search it on Google Maps or use the Branch Locator service of AlAhli Bank.
- Take a “customer services” token from the machine and wait for your turn. You don’t need to take a token if you are an NCB Wessam Gold customer.
- Explain the purpose of your visit to the officer. He will take your Iqama, make a copy of it, get a print of the KYC freeze account form from the NCB system and ask you to sign it. You can download the NCB KYC form from here.
- Soon, he will come up with a smile to tell you that your Iqama expiry has been updated in the NCB system.
- In order to confirm that your account is active now, you can go to any ATM machine and withdraw funds.
Can I update the Iqama expiry date through Phone banking?
There are some people who are comfortable with the traditional phone banking service and want to update it this way. Unfortunately, there is no option to update your Iqama expiry date in Alahli phone banking service.