We know that the Iqama validity is no more mentioned on the Iqama card and therefore, expatriates want to make an inquiry or check the iqama expiry date online. I have explained 3 online ways to check the Iqama expiry date i.e. with Absher account, without Absher account and through the Ministry of Labor Website.
Check Iqama expiry through Absher
- Check Iqama expiry through Absher
- Check Iqama expiry date through MOL
- Check Iqama expiry date without Absher
- Expiry Date printed on the Iqama Card
- Fine or Penalty for Iqama Expiry
Login to your Absher account, just click on the “Query Iqama Expiry Service” icon given in the second line of your account. https://absher.sa
In the next step, a new screen will open where you need to enter your Iqama number and the captcha code.
Once you press the view button, the system will fetch the iqama validity or expiry date and highlight it with green color as shown in the screenshot below. Keep in mind that you can check the Iqama expiry date of any expatriate through this method.
In case you are someone who wants to use the Absher application on the mobile, you can log in to your account through the Absher application and click on your picture.
The next page will show you the Iqama expiry date along with some other details as shown below.
In case you want to check the Iqama expiry date for yourself or any of your dependents without entering the Iqama number, click on the “Dashboard” icon after logging into your Absher account.
A new page will open containing details of everything connected with your Iqama in Saudi Arabia. You need to click on the “More Details” icon on the left side of the screen.
Here you can find your Iqama expiry date in front of the caption “Residence Expiry Date”. You can check that my Iqama validity shown in the screenshot below is 23/04/1442. You can make an inquiry to convert the Iqama expiry date to the English or Gregorian date using any online converter.
Check Iqama expiry date through MOL
In case you don’t have an Absher account, you can also check the Iqama expiry date through the Ministry of Labor website online using this link.
- Change the language to English.
- Enter the Iqama number or Border Number.
- Enter the Date of Birth as per the Iqama.
On the next screen, you will find details such as your name, Iqama number, nationality, etc. You can find your Iqama expiry date written in the Hijri format as well as the English or Gregorian format.
Check Iqama expiry date without Absher
You can also check your Iqama expiry date through Ejar website. Open the website of the Ejar in Saudi Arabia and click on the “Identity Registration” tab.
In the next step,
- Select your ID type which is “Iqama”
- Enter your birth date as per the Iqama and;
- Enter your Iqama number.
In the next step, the system will fetch some basic details such as your Iqama validity, your full name, the birth date, and nationality.
Expiry Date printed on the Iqama Card
The iqama validity printed on the face of some Iqama cards issued by Jawazat is incorrect as it is the expiry date of the card and not the resident permit.
Moreover, new iqama cards just have the issue date of iqama, they do not mention the validity of iqama on its face. Therefore, there is no need to replace them after every Iqama renewal.
Fine or Penalty for Iqama Expiry
According to the Jawazat, the Iqama of the employee should be renewed within three days of its expiry, otherwise, the employer will have to face a fine or penalty of SR 500.
- If the employer fails to renew the iqama before its expiry for the second time, he shall face a fine or penalty of SR 1,000.
- Moreover, if the employer fails to renew the iqama of the employee for the third time, there is no fine or penalty as the expat worker shall be deported from Saudi Arabia.
How to check the fine for the late renewal of iqama?
While paying for the Iqama renewal fee, if the amount of fee appears as SR 650, it means that there is no fine or penalty for the expiry of Iqama on your head. However, if it appears more than that, you can calculate the fine for the late renewal of Iqama.
How to pay the iqama fine?
The procedure to pay the iqama fine is the same as paying for the Iqama renewal fee. In fact, the iqama fine and the fee for the renewal of iqama will be paid together.
What to do if Iqama expires?
Every expatriate living in Saudi Arabia should learn by heart his or her Iqama expiry date according to the Hijri calendar. You should continue to remind your employer that your Iqama is about to expire and he needs to renew it. Unfortunately, you cannot renew your Iqama without your sponsor’s involvement.
How to go on a final exit if Iqama expires?
You must have a valid Iqama to get a final exit visa. The final exit can be issued even if there is only one day remaining in your Iqama expiry. In other words, you cannot get a final exit if your iqama expires.
However, once the final exit visa is issued, your Iqama validity becomes irrelevant as you will have to leave Saudi Arabia within 60 days of the issuance of the final exit visa.
What to do if Iqama expires while on vacation?
An iqama holder can leave Saudi Arabia on an exit reentry and this visa is valid for a maximum period of 7 days before the iqama expiry date. In this way, you will have to come back from vacation at least 7 days before the Iqama expiry.
- If your exit reentry visa expires, you can extend it.
- However, if your exit reentry and iqama both expire while you are on vacation, you cannot extend the visa. Moreover, you will be banned for 3 years to enter back to Saudi Arabia.
How to check Iqama validity from outside Saudi Arabia?
You cannot access your Absher account and the Ministry of Labor website when you are outside Saudi Arabia. In this case, you can check the Iqama expiry date through any of the following ways;
- You can download a VPN that allows you to connect your mobile from Saudi Network.
- You can also request any of your friends to check iqama validity for you.
Can we use our bank accounts after the Iqama expiry?
As soon as your Iqama expires, all the banks are instructed to freeze your bank account. It means that someone can deposit money to your account but you can neither withdraw the money nor transfer it to someone else.
After the renewal of Iqama, you will have to update the new Iqama expiry date with the bank to reactivate or unfreeze it.
What if the police stop you after the Iqama expiry?
Many expatriates are afraid of what will happen if the police stop them while their iqama has expired. The way the police treats you is different if you have an expired iqama or Huroob.
- In case of expired iqama, you can just explain it to them that your Iqama is under renewal. The maximum they can do is to call your Kafeel for justification. They will ultimately release you if they believe that you will be able to renew your iqama soon.
- In the case of Huroob, the police will detain and ultimately transfer you to the detention center for deportation.