For the latest updates, news, and events of Saudi Arabia you can join our WhatsApp group
Who is responsible to check Iqamas?
- Who is responsible to check Iqamas?
- What if they don’t have the Iqama?
- Penalties on the Transporter of Illegal Residents
- How to avoid such situations?
It is the responsibility of every taxi driver, car driver, bus driver or even private driver (like you) who is involved at any point in time in transporting the passenger from one place to another to check their Iqamas. These passengers can be your customers (in case of a taxi driver) or your relatives who are going to someplace with you.
What if they don’t have the Iqama?
If they are not carrying Iqama or Iqama they are carrying has been expired a while ago, you cannot legally carry them to any place within Saudi Arabia.
You can just excuse them because there are heavy penalties imposed on the person who is involved in transporting the illegal resident from one place to another. A resident with expired Iqama will be treated as an illegal resident.
Penalties on the Transporter of Illegal Residents
- For the first instance, the carrier fine is SR 15,000 and one-month imprisonment.
- Second instance fine is SR 30,000 and three months imprisonment.
- The third instance fine is SR 1000,000 and six months imprisonment.
- If the carrier is an expatriate resident, his Iqama shall be terminated and he shall be deported to his country after the application of the penalty taken against him.
- Means of land transport shall be confiscated in case of repeating violation, whether such means were owned by the carrier, the accessory or the colluding party.
It is important to mention here that this penalty and other provisions will apply only if the expatriate is living in Saudi Arabia illegally.
If someone’s Iqama is valid but he does not have Iqama at the time of checking, it is a different case. He will be fined with SR 1,000 to SR 3,000 in that case. Recommended: SR 3,000 Fine and deportation for not carrying Iqama
How to avoid such situations?
It is better to check the Iqama of the expatriates you are transporting from one city to another if you are a professional driver.
If you are the private driver, it is suggested to at least ask from all the persons you are transporting about the validity and availability of your Iqama. Please keep in mind that a small mistake can lead to deportation.
It seems unethical but it is my advice not to pick hitchhikers from roads in Saudi Arabia.
Source: Arab News
What's your reaction about this news🥰𝙒𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝘼𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙡𝙚. 𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙬𝙚𝙗𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙗𝙮 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙄𝙘𝙤𝙣 (𝙇𝙚𝙛𝙩 𝘽𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙤𝙢 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙋𝙖𝙜𝙚) 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙏𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙡𝙚.🥰
Add us on Snapchat
Follow Us On Google News
For the latest updates, news, and events of Saudi Arabia you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram
Find Jobs Online in any region of Saudi Arabia on KSA Job Site